Tuesday, July 29, 2014

History Repeating Itself, Courtesy of Col. Allen West: The History of the Vietnam Conflict You Likely Never Learned in School and How It Applies to U.S. National Security and Foreign Policy

Pre-Article: My Answer to Why I Have Irregularly Posted Articles Over the Past Year

For those unaware, my degree is in History and I have a minor in Political Science. Had medical issues not led my path towards graduation from the University of Tennessee taking a total of 11 years, I would have certainly sought to complete the final nine hours necessary to earn the second degree where I have a minor. For many years, I despised watching television programming or simply reading about politics even as I originally majored in Political Science at a much younger age, despising the cutthroat mentality of so many of my peers who were very active in campus political organizations. Sadly, the polemicist that I was and still am have now transformed into something perhaps far more dangerous to the establishment's cause as one of millions within the blogosphere, but most especially as an individual with a mind, a computer and the Internet still largely unregulated and with time on my hands due to my current medical state. As grades were concerned, my health affected my capacity to do as well as I am capable. Nearly each semester started with my doing very well in most of my courses until near midterm, when anxieties, frequent and severe panic attacks and even onsets of extreme depression or mania forced me to at least cut back on the intensity at which I traditionally approach every class, job or hobby I undertake. You may wonder should you be one of my original readers just why my posts have become irregular, infrequent, inconsistent with the first three months I posted from May 2013 to later than July where my articles were extraordinarily detailed, editorial based, but always laced with sometimes a dozen or more sources from all angles, from all corners of the globe, and that is my answer. I have battled nonstop since near the end of March 2013 but no later than its initiation last April constant mood swings which started with extreme mania that last until this January, forcing me to cede my responsibilities to take care of my medication as I had done very well for nearly 10 years to my father as I lost all capacity to simply organize my environs and had to stop working again. Immediately following my time enduring extreme mania, I slipped into a deep depression and never left my den, always lying on the couch, sleeping as long during the days as I could. I did so, and the only blessing here was that I had the undying support of beloved family and my closest friends; they have never let me down. I have been out of work since the week prior to October, and today, my mood appears to be extraordinarily unpredictable, almost as if I am rapid cycling. My family informed me the other day of a conversation they had which has become the most profoundly saddening observation and conclusion about my life they have made, but was one I had questioned with regards to my capacity to do so for the past few years after other failed attempts to hold down a job: They both believe I likely will never be capable of working a traditional job with the public as most people I know do as a result of my frequent mental lapses into redundancy. I do not take such an unintended natural condemnation lightly, nor will accept it as absolute. It is, however, the most devastating comment ever many to me, and it was my mother who said it last week.

I usually do not reveal these details to anyone, and when I was told I had to apply years ago and began to received disability benefits, I was crushed and in principle, felt I had become the hypocrite in being told I had to accept such benefits since they are direct contradiction to my beliefs anyone should simply use them due to the gross abuse of the system. I do not use nor have I ever had an EBT card, and at least I can take solace knowing this. On the other hand, I was required to receive Medicare due to my disability, which was declared permanent and preexisting. This destroyed me personally, and I can only say that during this time, I at least used this to the one advantage I swore to my dying great-uncle, a veteran of World War II and the Korean conflict, to achieve and that Dad would ensure that I would: I finished school, and I did so even at the cost of extraordinary mental incapacity at times, but never stopped nor did I take my eyes off the prize. As I currently am searching for new solutions for perhaps working from home, having my poetry published or simply to ensure that my mind remains sharp by reading constantly, I refuse to accept the word defeat. It is the one word in the English language I do not know the meaning of, and will never learn it. To do so would be the coward's way out, and I do not know the meaning of acquiescence nor, in reference to Dylan Thomas' immortal poem, going gentle into any night, good or bad.

If there is anything I can say to you, any advice to impart even at my age of 33 that you might find useful, do not ever give up. Adversity is painful, but it is through pain and its tortures that we acquire strength. Some of the people I have known throughout my life I most admire are those who fought and survived simply because they never died. In meeting recovering drug addicts in psychiatric facilities, I never developed a greater appreciation for the human spirit than for those like one man, a recovering cocaine addict who informed me during one conversation how he was feeling the urge at that point to taste a parcel of the powder on his tongue, who voluntarily checked himself in just as my own father was sitting beside me as he and I filled out my paperwork. No one in this life has ever been guaranteed anything; I have not, for sure. As at least two of my high school classmates from the Class of 2000 are now dead from drug overdoses, this is a fundamental truth I now understand, and realize well that even through my own struggles, some experienced demons that ultimately led to their paying the ultimate price. And as I say this to you, I can tell you that my greatest inspiration in life is my younger sister, Laura, who is 30 years old and severe autistic. I can always look upon her with no greater pride nor love for any other person. To look upon her is to know only love; she always smiles and can typically be heard laughing and giggling, so happy and innocent, and she has no cares in the world nor expectations for anyone nor thing. When she cries, however, it is the single most heart-wrenching experience for me because she cannot talk; she speaks in gibberish-like sounds, and since there are no day programs appropriate for her skill set as she is practically helpless aside of very rudimentary motor functions, she has lived her life better in redundancy than anyone else I have ever known. 

I do not regret these life experiences at all, and I never will. I would not be the person people know me to be now, both with my considerable strengths and terrible flaws, had I not lived through it all. Through pain may we hope to know victory. Through you, my fellow readers, I derive strength from your support just to read of my material, to vocalize your positions either in agreement or criticism, and for making contacts globally with so many diverse individuals. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart, and I want you to each know that I will not let you down, nor anyone. Most of all, I will not accept defeat and allow myself to fail. And to show each one of you just what I managed to accomplished at an extraordinary cost in both money and mental stability, I will provide for you a photograph of myself following my college graduation:

My family, minus my uncle who snapped this photograph, left to right: Mother, Me in my cap and gown, Laura in her sweat clothes, Dad behind her, and at the end is Granny, who was 84 years old in this picture. I owe them and God all the credit for getting me through.


***

Per Col. Allen West: The History of the Vietnam Conflict You Likely Never Learned in School

Former U.S. Representative Allen West (R-FL)

Allen West is to me one of the most honorable civilians in our nation today. Few men have so firm an understanding of both the federal government as he did serving in Congress nor from his experience in the United States Armed Forces, and I will say to you that as I read his posts over Facebook regularly, Col. West is truly a character; you can always see far more photographs of he and his family or his coveted Harley Davidson, and he is unapologetic about anything he states or experiences. I think here you may see why he is no longer intent upon further immediate involvement in electoral politics. He is too brutally honest to allow for the corruption of power to engulf himself and more insidiously, to taint his family, whom he so dearly loves. As he was disciplined for complicity in a forced interrogation of an Iraqi officer in 2003 after receiving word through his intelligence that he had planned an ambush, he did nothing more than what had been inflicted upon Guantanamo Bay prisoners for years nor by Islamic militants who subsequently executed their captives. He owned up to his part in the incident and graciously accepted his punishment, and for that, I commend him, even if I felt the charges should never have been made as it was an Iraqi suspect in a plot to wipe out his platoon and not a prisoner of war per the Geneva Convention that he acted to force a confession when had he not done so, the Iraqi officer would have have defiantly provided none since he appeared to reach for his pistol to attack Col. West's battalion and was summarily subdued. 

As Col. West was punished for doing his duty and protecting his subordinates, today the Obama administration continues to spit upon the graves of those officers in Afghanistan who searched for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl under at best, curious circumstances, and whom now is serving at a desk position, awaiting to be compensated with approximately $350,000 of tax dollars we did not want for him to receive as he never earned a penny of it other than to enforce Obama's will to mobilize the Taliban to topple the Karzai government in Kabul. Col. West took the initiative and acted, the military claims overly so, to ensure the safety of his battalion, and paid the price with a forced discharge. Col. West was a real soldier, a true patriot. Sgt. Bergdahl is a celebrated traitor, a derelict serving as the middleman between the White House and the Taliban. 

Col. West will, again, never apologize for doing what he felt he must. He also remains proud of our armed forces and for his serving his country and we, the people. In reading today of the shooting down of a Malaysian airliner along the Russo-Ukrainian border by a Russian rocket launcher, one could sense Col. West's disgust in knowing Obama would likely pay at most lip service to such a tragic and senseless act of barbarism, and he was right. Obama, however, outdid his own historical track record, claiming just hours ago there were no known reports yet of any Americans aboard the flight; there were later revealed to be 23. The president laughed about the incident and later went to grab himself a hamburger. I am sure his wife, who loves to grow vegetables in her little greenhouse beneath the catacombs of the White House, really cares. 

To see the first of two tyrants laughing at the incident - Barack Obama and Vladimir Putin, the president of Russia who ordered the strike - I first will post the video of the president of the United States, supposedly the leader of the free world:


Obama made a very good point to mention that the face of the intellectual side of the Democratic Party, Vice President Joe Biden, is from Delaware, which was where the president was. So far, however, I have yet to find footage of the president joking at this sense tragedy over YouTube, and I know for a fact he did because even the nefarious British anti-gun ex-patriot Piers Morgan tweeted this earlier today:


I never thought I would ever agree on any issue with Mr. Morgan, the main catalyst behind the British hard ban on nearly all forms of firearms through his role in the media nearly 16 years ago. Otto von Bismarck himself stated that a journalist is an individual who simply missed his calling. Apparently, Barack Obama found his and is the very definition of the reprobate and rising tyrant in need of being sacked if our last best hope for liberty the freedom of mankind is to survive. In an irony, it may well be Mr. Morgan's countrymen - our British state of forefathers - who among the NATO alliance might have to save the United States of America from the man residing in the White House and fair game to golf courses everywhere. 

Compare Obama's very deceptively blithe veil of known tyranny to this of what reportedly is Vladimir Putin smiling and laughing at what I can only stated may or may not be a credible video, but that the face and head in the video as it is a very grainy recording bears still a striking resemblance to the Russian president and former Soviet KGB agent:


If the latter film is indeed Vladimir Putin, I will state to you immediately what I believe is true among world leaders who are mired in the recent strings of crises: Barack Obama is more dangerous in his tyranny than is Vladimir Putin. We again know that Joe Biden's son, Hunter, is an executive on the board of Ukraine's largest private oil corporation, Burisma Holdings, and was announced about two months ago if my memory serves. As I have provided at least two to three times in previous posts the corporation's announcement which is very brief, I will do so again to spare you the time wasted rummaging through the archives again courtesy of Burisma Holdings:
Burisma Holdings’ Board Member Hunter Biden outlines his mission for the Company

“Burisma’s track record of innovation and industry leadership in the field of natural gas means that it can be a strong driver of a strong economy in Ukraine. As a new member of the Board, I believe that my assistance in consulting the Company on matters of transparency, corporate governance and responsibility, international expansion and other priorities will contribute to the economy and benefit the people of Ukraine.”
The Chairman of the Board of Directors of Burisma Holdings, Mr. Alan Apter, noted: “The company’s strategy is aimed at the strongest concentration of professional staff and the introduction of best corporate practices, and we’re delighted that Mr. Biden is joining us to help us achieve these goals.”
For more information contact the press office at media@burisma.com
 ***

Of course, very few residing in the U.S. know of his connections to Kiev, and why we are so interested in maintaining a low-profiled interest in the Russo-Ukrainian conflict. At some point, I will hopefully arrive to where I am able to fully address each geopolitical crisis, each of which involving the United States directly, and how we are to be affected and what may we expected from the repercussions in the manner of global calamities or any prospective spoils for victory. For now, I will produce this vital factoid regarding the truth according to Col. West and one school about the Vietnam War that the mainstream does not want you to know or understand for fear that their success derived from a perceived failure would entail America never lost her greatness, nor was their power ever truly legitimate except for the unfortunate circumstances behind Watergate for President Richard Nixon.


No comments: